OPEN CALL FOR PARTNERS
BeASILY DE are looking for partner organisations to join us in an application to realise the fourth StageCraft Training Course.
"StageCraft" is a training course that offers an opportunity for youth workers and those working with young people to develop their presentation and engagement skills as well as learning new skills that will increase the effectiveness of their work.
StageCraft has already successfully been realised in Italy (2018), Czech Republic (2019) and last year Scotland (2022). The project builds on the knowledge and experiences of previous partner organisations but mainly the input and direction of the specialists involved with Think Forward and Cooperativa Sociale Muovimente.
The training explores presentation and engagement techniques focusing on:
- What do we do? The content of youth work and how we structure it using ideas developed from youth participation, educational theory and psychology
- The role of the youth worker in presenting ideas and challenges to young people: storytelling, humour and metaphor, body language, voice, handling questions, managing “audiences”
- The use of the “stage” in developing rapport, attention, and develop their presentation and engagement skills as well as maintaining relationships with young people, facilitation skills, using stage anchors and visual aids
The Training Courses Overall Aim:
To develop awareness and understanding of advanced presentation, communication and engagement skills, based on youth work principles and practice; and to explore how these competences can be applied in an Erasmus+ context. The training will be realised using a range of experiential learning opportunities, non-formal educational approaches and a wealth of youth work theory and practice to actively engage and develop the skills of the participants.
- To develop awareness and build on a greater understanding of the presentation and engagement skills and experiences of youth workers
- To identify and realise the opportunities to put the skills developed into practice
- To explore the opportunities for realising their youth work potential through Erasmus+ and develop future collaborations
- To explore and understand the effects of effective presentation and engagement with an audience of young people and in the role of youth worker
- To gain a greater awareness of the theory behind “Stagecraft” taken from the fields of psychology, sociology, education, theatre and creative community (comedy, music and drama)
- To follow the recognition pathways offered through Youthpass
Host and Organiser
Beasily is a creative organisation, founded and based in Germany. We work nationally and internationally with young people and those working creatively with young people through the arts to realise a range of music, theatre and creative engagement projects.
- Mafalda Morganti (IT)
- External Expert - Buzz Bury, England (UK)
- External Expert - Steve Gasgarth, Scotland (UK)
- Carmine Rodi Falanga - (IT/CZ) (joining online)
We will look to cover most of the costs through the grant where we can, but if successful we do ask for a participation fee for each participant of 50Euro and anything over the travel allowance is at the costs of the individual and/or organisation.
Register to become a partner in the K153 Application:
Once we have selected partners we will be back in touch to confirm signed mandates.
Questions & Contact
The primary contacts for the call for partners are Steve and Buzz
Call for Partners PDF Download